Maple Chicken is one of our household most favorite recipes, my daughters actually call this dish “Magic Chicken”, mainly because they say it disappear from their plates super fast like magic! This homemade recipe will give you a brand new way to make a chicken dish that does not involve any frying.
The recipe below has been tested on many hungry family members and friends so I invite you to try and let me know if you enjoy it as much as we do.
Maple Chicken – Magic Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs / drumsticks
- ½ Cup of Sweet Maple Syrup
- 1 Spoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 Spoon of Honey
- 2 Teaspoons of mustard
- 2 Frozen Garlic Cubes
- A Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Optional: Toasted Sesame for Decoration
- Place the chicken parts in an oven pan
- Mix all the gravy Ingredients in a bowl and pour it on the chicken parts
- Cover the oven pan with aluminum foil and put the pan in the fridge in order for it to absorb the gravy flavours. Let it marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour (the more the better) and if possible, flip the chicken parts at some point so that it will absorb the gravy all around.
- Place the oven pan in the center of a preheated 392F (200C) oven for about 20 and then lower the oven's temperature to 356F (180C) and let it cook for another
- -40 min, make sure to flip the chicken parts once in awhile so that it will get a nice tan color from all sides.
- When it's ready, take the oven pan out and add some toasted sesame.